You can help during the month of September in many ways. Here are few places to get started:
- Change your Facebook profile picture to something gold.
- Share, like, retweet and respond to social media posts about childhood cancer – the more interaction on a post/tweet, the more likely it’ll be seen by others.
- Tie a gold ribbon around the tree in your front yard.
- Participate in an event in support of childhood cancer in your city.
- Request a landmark in your town/city light up Gold for the month of September - or even for a day.
- Don’t attend our No Show Ball – but make a donation instead!
- Check out CureFest in Washington DC Sept 21
- Childhood Cancer Caucus Sept 19
- Change your shoelaces, lacrosse strings, and soccer balls out for gold.
- Tie a small gold ribbon to a buttonhole on your shirt each day.
- Post a "selfie" showing your actions with hashtag #StepUpSelfie.
5 Ways to Get Involved
1. Touch A Truck with us
The country's largest car show for kids is held every June at San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium, home of the Chargers. Now in its 6th year, over 7,000 guests are entertained by emergency, military, race, kustom, big rig and construction vehicles. For current information about the upcoming Touch A Truck event, please visit the website TouchATruckSD.com.
2. Run with us
Each year we host a run. The last 4 runs have been called Max Run. In 2013, we partnered with Grand Canyon University and The Ronan Thompson Foundation to bring The Run to Fight Childhood Cancer to San Diego. All race registration and donation money raised went directly to Max's Ring of Fire and The Ronan Thompson Foundation. For current information about an upcoming Max Run race, go here.
3. Donate to us
No need to wait, donate online using our secure contribution system. If you would like to discuss exploring a significant investment for a particular research or clinical trial program, please contact us by calling 858-621-FIRE, or fill out a contact form and we'll get right back to you!
4. Work with us
Max's Ring of Fire is 100% volunteer-driven. There are no paid staff members and minimal overhead costs. We can always use talented individuals with a heart for serving others and a special desire to help kids battling cancer. If this sounds like something you'd like to explore, fill out our volunteer form and we'll be in touch!
5. Tell your friends about us
Awareness leads to funding, which leads to research, which will eventually lead us to a cure for childhood cancers. Please join us on Facebook and Twitter, and let your friends and followers know about us too!