Sign up today for updates on our events!
What You Want to Know
Click on the image above to download an 8.5x11 PDF flyer suitable for color or B&W printing.
Admission & Hours
- Saturday, June 8, 2013 from 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Online admission at $10 per person
- Admission at the event is $10
- Babies under 1 year old are free
- This is a fundraiser for kids cancer – the value of this event experience is unparalleled!
Location & Parking
- Qualcomm Stadium – 9449 Friars Road, San Diego CA 92109 (Google Map)
- Parking is FREE – no charge.
- Enter Qualcomm stadium through the main gate on Friars Road. You will be directed to the Southeast Quadrant. Parking will be in L1 – M1 – N1 – P1
- Please follow the signs and traffic directors
- Idea - why not take the trolley? The stadium trolley stop will put you near our entrance. How fun would it be to make it a day of things that go for your child?
Buy Stuff & Eat
- Touch A Truck 2013 t-shirts will be available for purchase for $10/ea
- Retro Touch A Truck shirts from 2012 and older will be available for $5/ea
- MROF black trucker hats $5
- Earplugs? We’ll have a limited supply for sale at the t-shirt booth
- Amazing Lemonade in the big shaded tent $5
- Bottled water on sale: 2 bottles for $1
- Some of our display companies and sponsors will be offering their services for a cash donation – all donations will go to the fundraiser for kids fighting cancer
- Other Kids Cancer non-profits will also be at Touch A Truck taking donations for their organizations.
- FOOD – 20 gourmet food trucks serving a bevy of bountiful eats will be open from 10-3 for your dining pleasure.
- Seating will be available near the food trucks.
- No Pets please. This is not a pet-friendly event. Period.
- Bring ear protection for the little ones if loud noises upset them. It can be loud depending upon where you are - horns are being honked!
- Absolutely No Smoking and No Alcohol are permitted
- Lose something? Check in at the Lost & Found Booth near the stages
- Lose your kid? Find them at the Lost Parent booth near the stages. Please let your children know to find a volunteer in a bright orange Touch A Truck shirt for assistance if they become separated from you. Our volunteers will walk them to the Lost Parent booth where you can pick them up.
- ATM – there will be no ATMs on site, however, we are able to take credit card payments at most places within the event.
- Want to know which food trucks are coming, what cars have signed up, or what the music scene will be like? Like us on Facebook and sign up for our newsletter.
Where does the money from this event go?
- Touch A Truck is an event brought to you by Max’s Ring of Fire, a San Diego-based 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to raising money for kids’ cancer research. Max Mikulak is the organization's namesake, and battled the childhood cancer neuroblastoma for four years, before he died at the tender age of 7. His family, his friends, and people he never ever met, come together each year to make Touch A Truck a reality, to raise funds for researchers, who will someday find a treatment or a cure for kids cancer.
- To read more about the research taking place using the money raised at Touch A Truck, please see the following articles:
First national clinical trial for incurable children's cancer launched by Van Andel Institute (MLive)
NMTRC - Research and Clinical Trials Consortium
Press release announcing Dell support for personalized medicine clinical trial
Video profile of Will Lacey, who is being treated by the NMTRC chairperson, Dr. Giselle Sholler